Thursday, December 1, 2016

Crafty Lady Sandi Christmas Angel



Hi! Crafters!

Since I now have delivered 31 angels for my doctor and sold everything except the angels on that I am selling on my ioffer site at www.sanditipple.ioffer.com. Now, I can give out the directions for my Christmas Angel. You do not need to use the colors I have done. Be creative!  Only tip I can give you is the wings should be a different color than the skirt. I give the angel that extra jazz, especial if you use the Pipsqueak yarn as a ruffle.

FYI:  I am not a writer or technical writer; just an individual who love to crochet.
I never fully did my own directions please let me know if there is a question or if you do not understand what I mean or anything at sandi_tipple@yahoo.com.  I will do my best answering you questions.

Crafty Lady Sandi Christmas Angel




Materials; White or Blue or Green or Red, Red or green Metallic yarn, or Christmas yarn, White Pipsqueak yarn, H hook, Scissors, 3 or 4 inch ring, 2 Stitch markers

Abbreviations:
DC double crochet, ST stitch, CH. Chain stitch, SL ST Slip stitch

Directions:
Wings section:
Variations; White wings or Blue wings or Green wings
With H hook and yarn variation of your choose.
Take one ring and start at the 7 o’clock position on the ring.
Row 1:  Attach yarn with a SL ST and begin SC around the ring.  Attach with a SL ST to first CH
Row 2:  2 SC in next 11 SC, CH 3, and turn.
Row 3:  DC in same ST as joining, 2 DC in each DC across, CH 3, turn.
Row 4:  DC in same as joining, *DC in next dc, 2 DC in next DC*, Repeat from *, CH 3, turn.
Row 5:  Dc in same ST as joining, DC in each DC across, CH 3, turn.
Row 6: Repeat Row 5.
Fasten OFF.
Skirt section:
Count 11 DC on each end.  Place a stitch marker on each end after you count in 12 DC.
Use the color of your choice to make skirt and an H hook.
FYI: I like to work in tails as you go.
Row 1: SL ST in DC after stitch marker and CH 3, DC in each of the DC up to the stitch marker on the other end, turn.
Row 2:  CH 3, DC in space where you did the CH stitch, 2 DC in each DC across, turn.
Row 3: CH 3, DC in each DC across, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 3.
Ruffle section:
You can use the pipsqueak yarn and H hook.
Some I continued with the same as with the skirt. It depends on you.  Again I work the tails in as I go.
Row 1:  CH 3, DC in each DC across.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.

NOTE: if you do not want the flare of the ruffle with the pipsqueak yarn or it hard for you to work with the yarn. I know it takes time to get used to it.  Just continue with color as the skirt or use the white yarn to finish the angel.

Copyright 2016:  Author: Sand Tipple. All right reserved.
I hope you enjoy this free pattern.
Post pictures on my Facebook page Crafty Lady Sandi.
Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and help me
Keep the patterns free. Donate at https://www.paypal.me/STipple
If you give a donation please accept this note as my sincere thanks and know that you have helped a great deal.
You can sell finished products as long as you link or share it back to me.

Thank you, Enjoy!  Happy Crocheting!

Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at sandi_tipple@yahoo.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment