Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Crochet for the Kitchen book Review



Hi! Crofters!

Since I have been doing a lot dishcloth angel; I thought I should see what was out there for dishcloths and other kitchen items. I was not the interested in pot holders because I use mitts.

Again, I am going to say this is an advanced book; because the crochet stitches are at the end along with the abbreviations and yarn information. I also am not sure if this is the way crocheting book from another country are done.

So, let me get to the book information the title is “Crochet for the Kitchen” by Tove Fevang published by Trafalgar Square in 2013 as published in Norway in 2012.




There are six Chapters starting with Chapter one titled “Natural Delights”;  Chapter two titled “ Blue for Pleasure”; Chapter three “Color Joy”; Chapter four titled “Traditional”; Chapter five titled “Modern”; Chapter Contrasts”.

I am going to list just a few I was interested in starting with “Spiral Potholder”; “Hexagonal Potholder in Multi-colored Pastels”; and “Potholder with Ruffled Edging”. Yes, I know what I said about potholders. On page 40 titled “ Purple Flower”; on page 75 titled “Classic Placemat”; and on page 83 titled “Potholder in Back and Front Post Double Crochet”.  

I hope you like the ones I picked and it gives you an idea of what in the book.  Again, the book end with Crochet stitches, abbreviations and yarn information along with the writers website at Tovefevang.com. I need to check that website out.

Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at sandi_tipple@yahoo.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment