Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Crocheting Video - Crochet stitch in motion



Hi! Crafters!

I normally do not review or get  crocheting /craft videos; but, while I was looking for a pattern for a hat I did when I first was going to my current oncologist .  I found this video about stitches. I was not sure if it would beyond my capably. Well, I was wrong. So here is what I found.

The name of the video is “Crochet stitch in motion”. It was published by Leisure Arts, Inc. in 2006.  Below are the cover and the summary from my local library.


Summary: Features stitch along instructions in close up detail. This is for all skill levels. Includes 12 pattern stitches and 5 bonus projects!

I was lucky that it had the direction for the project in the video. I was able to copy the directions.

After looking at the video the stitches were combination of chain, double crochet and single crochet stitches to make what they call “stitches”; but, on the direction on top was written “pattern stitches”.   I haven’t tried them yet but two pattern stitches I believe maybe beyond my level.  They are the “Winter Berries” and the “Sweet Pea” pattern stitches.

One stitch I can wait to try on my hats. Since, I use a basic crown pattern for 98 percent of my women hats. I think the “linked loop” pattern will look great on a hat.  Unfortunately, it will have to wait for me to finish making a crocheted birthday present and some quilts.

Since this worked I decide to order the other video that my library has from Leisure Art called “Crochet fashions in motion”.  It was also written in 2006.  Below is the cover.






These 15 pattern stitches would make a great sample quilt or lap quilt for something different.  Maybe one could also use leftover balls of yarn to make these 5 X 7 squares.

Happy Crocheting!

Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at sandi_tipple@yahoo.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!


1 comment:

  1. Nice of you to share, Sandi. Someday I'm going to learn to crochet and I'm glad to know videos are available. I'll bet the same is true for knitting. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete