Monday, November 14, 2016

Dollar/Thrift Store Craft Finds for the Holidays



Hi! Crafter!

I wrote this previous to the time I got sick so it is a different style than now. I figure since Christmas in next month I share these ideas.

Incredibly Cute Upcycled Sock Wreath









Materials: old socks, wooden cut out Merry Christmas signs, 2 embroidery hoops 12” and 8”, craft foam core board,  X-Acto knife, E6000 glue, Grey and Red Felt,  Yarn

Directions:

Two embroidery hoops, one 12″ and one 8″ one and traced both of them onto a craft foam core board to create a wreath form and then used my X-Acto knife to cut out the wreath form.

Fit the form into the two embroidery hoops.  See below:


Get the socks and trimmed them to fit around the wreath form and use glue gun to glue them to the form.





Add some felt and wrapped some yarn. 

Use E6000 glue to glue a small wooden house and the Merry Christmas sign to the sides.

Glue a wooden dowel from side to side in the smaller embroidery hoop and glued the sign and house on top of the dowel.

Hang wreath!

Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at sandi_tipple@yahoo.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment