Saturday, December 28, 2013

My New Toy!!



As some of you might know I have been using my son’s sewing machine off and on; since, I came back from Florida. My sewing machine was sewing backward and could not get it fixed.  I take to the sewing tech at the place I get the machine fixed and he is not sure he can fix the old one. I only paid $99.00 the machine years ago and just have the tech look at it cost $94.00 and then parts would be and additional cost.

So with all this said, I have been saving my money from the very few craft sales I have been getting and with the two sales from Christmas and a friends help I was able to buy a new one and a lid.


Here the fantastic deal I was able to get the machine; which, I have been looking at for months was prices at $269.00 then you have to add shipping and taxes.  Heavy plastic lid to keep it safe (got to because where I have to store it when not using it.) was $21.00.  Well, Amazon marked it to $124.00.  Yes, I know I have not been a fan of Amazon, but they also offered a two year fix/replace for two year at $10.00.  Joann’s only marked there machine down $20.00 and the two coupons they offered did not apply to sewing machines.

Below you will see a picture of the new machine




and cover!!!



Yes, it does sew through heavy items.  I did leather and mended Kevin’s heavy hunting socks that he loves to wear. You could not see any difference between the on top or bottom stitches. 



Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net.  I look forward to hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment