As I stated before I love ideas that upcycle stuff; so, here are just a few with CD’s.
Beaded CD Ornaments
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Hunter Green (#53502)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Tomato (#53532)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Purple (#51913)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Shimmering Silver (#402)
- 3 Discs
- 24 gauge Non-Tarnishing wire: (1) 2 yard length Gold and (2) 2 yard lengths Silver.
- 10” length 1/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 10” lengths 1/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Gold wire edge ribbon
- (2) 2/3 yard lengths 3/8” wide Silver wire edge ribbon
- Assorted sizes and shapes of beads (silver, green, dark red, gold, blue & purple)
- (3) 4” lengths cloth covered floral wire
- (3) 8” lengths 20 gauge wire
- Nail large enough to make a 1/8" diameter hole
- Flat nose pliers
- Cardboard boxes for spray booth and drying ornaments.
- Dowel rod to fit across box for drying ornaments
- Wire cutters
To make a hole for hanging, use flat nose pliers to heat nail and push through CD about 1/8" from edge. .
Twist one end of 20 gauge wire thru hanging hole and form hook on opposite end. This will serve as a handle while painting and drying.
Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint each CD a different color: Hunter Green, Purple, and Tomato. Hang ornaments on dowel rods across box to dry completely. Remove wire when dry.
Adding beads: Refer to photograph. Anchor one end of the 24 gauge length of wire in the 1/8" hole. String beads in front of ornament only. Green and silver beads for green ornament; green, dark red and gold for red ornament; blue, purple and silver for purple ornament. Make 13 evenly spaced rows of beads around CD. Twist end of wire to back side of first wire. Trim excess wire.
Hanger and bow: Tie hanger ribbon thru 1/8" hole. Tie 2 loop bow. Slip floral wire thru knot in bow on back side. Wire to ornament thru 1/8" hole. Twist bow tails around fingers to shape and trim as desired.
How to Make an Ornament Using a CD
Materials: Old CD, Felt, Photo or old Christmas cards, Craft Glue, RibbonScissors
Trace around the CD onto a piece of felt. Cut out the felt circle.
Cut a 10-inch piece of ribbon. Tie the ribbon into a loop. Put a dab of glue onto the back of the CD towards the outside edge. Press the ribbon loop into the glue to make the hanger.
Spread glue over the entire back of the CD. Center the felt circle on glue and gently press. This will cover any writing and the ribbon ends, and it will be the back of your ornament.
Cut around the figure in the picture you are using. You can cut it into a rectangle shape, circle, or whatever you want. For a fancy edge, use pinking sheers!
Trace the picture onto a piece of felt. Cut out the shape, making it about 1/2-inch wider than the picture. Glue the photo onto the piece of felt so you can see the felt on all sides. Glue this onto the center of the CD, making sure you cover the hole completely.
Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!