Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Couple Wedding Projects


When my parents, in-laws and Kevin and I got married most couples picked to wed during June or July, basically, getting married in the summer months.  Now it seems they are straying away from tradition.  Furthermore, white gowns and black tux are now black gowns and white tuxes are the new wedding attire.  I am not sure if it is because white was for purity and a lot are not now or what is going on.  My niece sent us a pre notification that they will be getting married in September.

So with that in mind, here are a few ideas to make for a unique gift.  I like making a ring bearer pillow; because, I inherited my grandmother’s not used handkerchiefs and then I got my dad not used handkerchiefs.  Being a upcyclist, I had to think what to do with these handkerchiefs; so, one day I thought of the saying ”something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a penny in your shoe” well, this is something old and new and some of the handkerchiefs had blue on them.  I have sold all the ones that qualify with these criteria.  I do have purple and orange ones left.  Several months ago I discovered that I had more handkerchiefs not used.  I will be making more pillows with them.  I may make one for my niece.

 

Check out my store at http://sanditipple.ioffer.com/ for more ring bearer pillows!
 
Let’s begin the ideas.

Sew a Bridal Garter