Monday, June 4, 2012

BLOG SERIES: For the Beginner Crocheter- Introduction


This will be the first of many in this series for beginner crocheting.  The First post will be supplies needed and abbreviations used. The second post will be Slip knot and chain stitches. The third post will be single and double crochet stitches. The fourth post will be half double crochet and granny squares. Last, but not least, the Fifth section different ways to finish or put items together.

This series will not run day after day as the “Gifts for Educators” did. It may run once a week. In addition to things here, I am planning to again start studying for my two teaching tests to get certified to teach in Texas.  My teaching career got sidetracked due to all the health stuff the last eighteen months so hopefully I can get back on track.

I hope you enjoy this series as much as I love to crochet. Some parts will include left handed techniques to help those who need it.  I am ambidextrous and have taught left hand individuals before.  I got a great book for left handed individuals from the library entitled “Left-handed Crochet” by Regina Hulburt.  It is a great book.

 

As always, please share your ideas on this or anything on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net  I look forward to hearing from you!  I will be extremely interested to hearing you opinion of this series.

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment