While waiting for the directions for the unfinished blanket that was sent to me (that I will be finishing for Project Linus) I picked up a different pattern on the Project Linus site,
According to the pattern, the blanket would measure 30 x 30 and called for 600 yards of yarn. In a recent yarn shipment (from a simply wonderful person who shall remain nameless here) was a one pound ball of blue yarn that measured out to over 800. Unfortunately, as you can see from the picture below, the finished width is only 19 inches wide not 30 as stated.
Not only did I get the pattern but this same wonderful person sent me the entire pattern book. In the book, I found another similar blanket to the one I was making with blue yarn. That blanket had an edging on it that would work to make the blanket wider. After doing the edging on the pattern with some variation, I got the blanket to 23 inches wide.
As always, please feel free to share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either by making a comment here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you!