With a sewing machine fixed awhile back and having lost over 80 pounds (2 dress sizes) due to chemotherapy and cancer it seemed time to do something with the now too large t-shirts and sweatshirts I had been accumulating. In the past I have taken the sweatshirts and t-shirts the boys outgrew and made roll pillows out of them. Basically you cut off the arms, sew them together, and then stuff it. See pictures below.
I was looking at a pattern for a chemo hat and they used material similar to what the sweatshirt are made out of. I decided to make a hat out of the middle of the shirt. The hat turned out to be child sized and not as big as I wanted when I started it. However, I did have some fabric left over and that means I can try again.
In a separate project, I used the arms part as a roll type pillow for Kevin. Kevin did not want me to fill it really full; so that, he could use it especially when his back is hurting super bad. That seems to be happening more and more as are his falls.
Look for in the future, Scott and I will be working on a t-shirt blanket. We may have enough for 2 blankets or one blanket and one throw, plus some pillows. We have 3 big garbage bags fill of t-shirts to use up and will start this once he graduates.
Please share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you!