Thursday, May 17, 2012

Upcyling items





After doing the upcyling of the sweat shirt, I realized that I never discussed other possible items that you could upcycle.  So, here are just a few ideas,

Make a Tank Top Tote





Make a Purse out of T-Shirts




How to Make a Belt out of Neck Ties

http://diyfashion.about.com/od/diyaccessories/ss/TIEBELT.htm

 
In the past, I have also made quilts and shirt out of neck ties.

Previously, I collected the pull tabs to donate to whatever school Scott was at. I never thought of making something out of them.  I found this idea and it looks very easy and a good way to use them.

Make a Pop Tab Bracelet




We always have a lot of paper clips lying around and usually I just make chains out of them.  This is a great way to use them.

Use Paper Clips to Create Wire Jewelry




Make a T-Shirt Sleeve Headband




After seeing the above picture, I wonder if the Cancer Center would like me to make some of these.  I’m thinking that they could be a good use for an upcoming t-shirt blanket Scott and I will be making this summer as we will have a lot of sleeves with no homes.  LOL

Assuming I can do things and I certainly expect to be here doing things at this point, you probably will see a couple of the above items as finished projects in future blogs.

Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net  I look forward to hearing from you!

Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment