Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Finished Projects2


It has been a while since I posted some finished projects because of doctors’ appointments and computer connection problems. In the meantime, I learned a new crocheting stitch that is called a “Seed Stitch.”

Below you will see a scarf done in the stitch.  I am almost finished with another scarf that will be made into a hoodie in the gray yarn that I got in the yarn bomb box.

 
In the yarn bomb, there was little ball like things of yarn bearing a seal of Lion Brand Yarn and an endorsement by Vanna White.  

 
While doing my e-mail weeks ago I discovered a website located in Seattle that is for preemie hats to make for children. Both Karl and Scott were premature by a number of weeks and no doubt that has played a roll in some of their issues. On the site was a pattern which I printed out and used. It worked out that one little ball of yarn would easily make two hats. It might make a third hat but I have not tried that yet.






 

I also modified that pattern with the Skully pattern and made one out of yellow yarn for the newborns at http://www.newbornsinneed.org/They may not get preemie clothes. Another worthwhile group and hopefully my small gift will help someone in need. 






 In addition I made some skully hats.  See below:


 
For Scott’s Base teacher I did memory boards.  Samples below:



 
Share your ideas on this or anything on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net  I look forward to hearing from you!

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment