Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another 9 Chemo hats donated to Medical City



Yes, I haves some yarn…Yeah!! My son Karl found a box that was donated to me months ago in my craft corner.  He remembered when I was cleaning the craft corner and rearranging it that I stuck it way back there.  I think in my mind it was a group of yarn I never used before and was planning to use it when I had more time to figure out how to use it.  Well, it is time and took me two days to figure it out. I tried to take it to the doctor’s visit to figure it out. (My visit takes 2 to 3 hours in the waiting room just to be seen and get blood drawn.)  My doctor did see me very frustrated with the yarn.  She suggested I give the yarn to the 9th floor infusion room so; they, could give it to the person who knits chemo hats for them.  Well, the next day I play around and discovered if I do a basic round and then add the “new yarn” I could make a hat.  See pictures below:




Unfortunately, the yarn does not have a label on the type.  It look like some chenille type of yarn.  It is very soft in nature.


OR


Here are some others than I did with some Red Heart Yarn.



OR

 

This was another type of yarn in the box.  It was a lot heavier; yet very soft.




I did donate a "guys" hat. See below:



I will be working on a Newsboy type of hat; because, they requested some guy hats to be done.  

They only had one hat left from my last the donation; so, they were extremely happy to get some more. 

I got to show my doctors the hats; they thought they were great looking and my main doctor said “we cannot get rid of her because; she is so helpful and talented.”



I will make some more with this box and will let you know when I denote them and have some pictures.  


Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net.   I look forward to hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment