Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hooded Cowl to crochet!



I have been seeing them in several different places and got a pattern for one.   The pattern called for using two skeins of yarn on the hook.  I have not done this before, even though, I gave seen different item that they have done this with.



This is what I did.  I use one pound skein of black yarn and a K hook.


The first cowl I did I turn and then did Ch. 3 and in that same chain I did dc and dc across the rest. Join

First Ch. 80

Row 1 Join, Ch. 3 and dc in same stitch and dc in each Ch. Stitch across to the beginning. Join

Row 2, Ch. 3 and make a dc in that same dc were you did Ch. Dc across the rest of the row. Join.

Row 3-4, Repeat row 2.

Row 5, Ch. 3 and do dc in the same stitch. *decrease in the next 2 sts, dc* repeat * 8 times, dc across the rest of the row, join.

Row 6-12, Ch. 3 and do a dc in same stitch and dc across the rest of the row. Join.

Row 13, *decrease in the next 3 sts, dc* repeat *14 times, then dc across the rest of the row, join.

Row 14-20, Repeat Row 2.



Row 21, Reverse SC across the row (also called a crab stitch)
           (see picture of crab stitch)

 













Fasten off, weave ends.




Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net  I look forward to hearing from you!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment