Sunday, April 22, 2012

Got Yarn Bombed!


Yesterday, I got yarn bombed. Yeah!!  It is so much fun to get yarn bombed, especially when I can’t afford to buy yarn. Heck, I can’t afford to buy anything. To my surprise there was an almost finished baby blanket in on box.  I am going to try and finish it; because, it was a really neat pattern and I can donate it to Project Linus.




 
“Project Linus” takes blankets and provides them to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. I recently heard about them during my cancer treatment and they are a really neat organization doing lots of good things.  You can learn more about them at http://www.projectlinus.org/ and find your local chapter.  Scott and I are working on a tie blanket that once finished we also will be donating to the Project Linus .
 



 There were three big things of white yarn with the blanket. I was thrilled to see the white yarn as I can always use white with other colors.  I’m thinking about using the white yarn to redo my sun hat as summer is rapidly coming and my scalp is still very bald. My hair so far that is coming back is very fuzzy and not normal hair. So I really have to take care not to burn when I sit outside. 


 
I recently tried a new hoodie pattern that did not work at all like I thought it would. When I found the grey yarn the first thing I thought was that I can try that pattern again and adjust it.

There was some winter color yarn which I thought would make a great skully.

So, for my special someone out there that remains unnamed thanks again for the Yarn Bomb!  You are awesome and I really enjoyed it!

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment