Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Project—Walker Caddies



While I was getting treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL, I had small balls of yarn left over from doing the hats.  I did not want to take them home; so, I started to think on what I could make.  The first idea while in the hospital was to make a lap quilt which I did.



But, with it getting hot in Florida and knowing I was going back to Texas which was getting hot there. I dug as little deeper in my mind.
Then, I was to go to a Senior Living Center for my recovery because I did not have a care giver come with me.  While there I made some great friend and while talking with them I discovered they need a basket or something to put items in to carry around and the walkers did not have them.  Since Evelyn really needed one and she loves crochet items. So, I experimented and made her the first one.

Back



Thanks to Tammy, who is one of the Activity personnel, she had some buttons I could use.  This way the caddy would stay on the walker.  I rocked Evelyn’s world when I gave it to her.  She was so happy and every day she would show it off to someone.
At that point I had done some other squares and since it only took me a day to made one and had to spend another day at the clinic with appointments.  I started on the one below.


Back





In the future, I will write out the pattern and post it.   Beside it does use up scrap yarn and I found some flowers that I had not done anything with them.  So, the next caddy will have the flowers on them and I will take pictures while doing the steps.



Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net.   I look forward to hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment