Monday, March 4, 2013

22 Chemo hats for Dallas hospital



Apparently, I did more hats than I had previously posted in the hospital.  It looks like 12 for sure. But, I have 22 hats to bring to them on Tuesday which is set for my next visit to the hospital for blood draw, schedule, etc. 

Below are some that I made with donated yarn which has to be hand washed and was made in Italy; very soft. 



The next group is from Peru which states have baby alpaca, cashmere, and wool again it has to be hand washed. However, both these yarns are extremely light and will work get for the coming Spring/summer months.



Since, it gets warm in Texas I tried to do some with wholes; so, the person's head wouldn’t get too hot.




Here are some I did the same pattern; but, make different sizes.




Here are two group pictures of all the hats.  Natural yarn and then others.







Again, thank you for those who have sent me yarn to use on my chemo hats.  Hopefully, they will enjoy and appreciate my contribution to follow cancer patients.



Share your ideas on this or anything here on the blog either here or e-mail me at stipple@verizon.net  I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment